Saturday, April 19, 2014

Now that spring break is over.

I'm back from Spring break no unfortunately! It was so much fun though! I got to do a whole bunch of things that I can't do in the US or in Michigan like snorkel, swim in caves, visit a million pyramids and a Mayan village. It was really cool! I am glad to be back to reality - well, kinda. I only have classes Tuesday and Friday now that Salsa is officially over with. And tomorrow is Easter! I have no idea what my host family is doing for Easter, but I do know that it's obviously Semana Santa week so people have been spending a ton of time with families and extended relatives since like Wednesday. I have officially began a countdown until I will be back in the US. One month from this coming Tuesday! I truly am excited to get back to the US because I am missing my family and American traditions and customs now. Everything in Mexico seems like normal now - no more fascination or beginner's traveling excitement. The "honeymoon" stage of studying abroad is over. haha. When I say I have one month left until I'm back home - that means 2 weeks of classes left and then 2 weeks for finals. But I only have 1 final exam. The other 3 are projects/presentations, which means I have to work super hard for the next 2 weeks to get everything done! Spring break came at the right time because it was a needed break, especially before these "work weeks" that are ahead.

I'm putting pictures up of the rest of my spring break trip in a different post because the pictures take forever to load! Anyways, towards the end of our trip, we went to Chichen Itza, which is a pre-Colombian city built by the Mayans and a cool fact is that the earliest hieroglyphic date discovered there is equivalent to 832 AD. After visiting this place, we swam in a cave! It was cool! and the water was very chilly - like 70 degrees and there were these black catfish looking things in the water! It was kind of creepy! I have swam with so many fish since I've been here though, it's crazy. I have swam with fish far away from me at the bottom of the ocean, and swam with fish in a cave.

That's about all that I had left to say about my spring break trip! Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. It was so nice to talk to you today! Your photos are amazing too. I am glad you are having fun but can't wait until you come home! We love you!

    ReplyDelete